Project 1 - 3D printing Woot Woot (9/20-9/21)

 


I was so happy with the way my prints came out for the most part. I was so excited, that I totally forgot to take pictures of them printing. That is something I plan on improving for the next project series of blog posts. My snake printed beautifully and after removing the supports and sanding it down, it was ready for painting. I also decided to keep some of the support pattern as it added a cool looking texture to the piece. As for the mezmar horn, the print was successful. However, the 3D printed threaded parts were not 100% the best idea. While they held strong, after removing and screwing the piece back in twice it broke and the screw part got stuck in the cylinder. The Robotics Makerspace team and I brainstormed ways to fix this issue. I ultimately decided to go with the pin and snap piece option. I printed another piece to fit into the hexagon and superglued a metal pin within the pieces. Both the snake head and the horn feel sturdy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 - I'll have nightmares about gears now

Project 3 - Code

Project 3 Statement - Lumina the Ballet Bot