Project 1 - Assembly (A test of troubleshooting in desguise) 9/21


 After a trip to Michaels using the Ann Arbor buses, I was able to pick up the necessary supplies to complete my project. I created an artistic mess in my living room, which is an essential part of the process. The first challenge was positioning the hose. I first painted the snake and horn. I decided to add blue accents to the horn because Morocco has such vibrant colors in their crafts. I went with the blue color because it reminds me of a city in the North called Chefcahouen, where the whole city is painted blue, as shown below. 

Next, I tried to hot glue the hose together in circular coils within the pot, but the hose did not stay together. After removing most of the glue residue, I decided to arrange the hose in the pot more abstractly and allowed it to freehold itself. I like the way it turned out because it seems like a more natural snake position. Additionally, the pot was also way smaller than I anticipated and the lattice basket was too big for the pot, so I decided to opt for the pot emerging from the basket, which would mean I would need to build a base. I first used acrylic and decided to try to hot glue sand to the acrylic, which turned out looking pretty bad. As a result, I created a reinforced cardboard base and attached the pot and lattice to it. The snake looked better without the shovel attached to it, so I decided to add the shovel in the pot so the snake looks like its crawling around the pot. Finally, I attached a stand for my horn to the base. I decided to make the horn removable, so observers could pretend to enchant the snake. Check out the next blog post for the final product!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 - I'll have nightmares about gears now

Project 3 - Code

Project 3 Statement - Lumina the Ballet Bot