Project 1 - Solidworks CAD Party 9/19-9/21


There was a lot of CAD done for Project 1, some of which I did not end up using, but it was still interesting to make and learn new CAD techniques along the way. I first made a base for the snake the sit on and for the lattice to go around, but I decided to go with the suggestion from Alyssa to use a Terracotta/clay planter instead. Next, I found a model online of a snake and I imported into Solidworks and made an extruded cut to get rid of everything but the head. I then scaled it in Cura and exported it as gcode to upload to the Ender printers. Then, I created the mezmar horn. I created two separate parts and the cylinder part containing a mated threaded M6 screw and a cone with a cut at the top and hole wizard corresponding hole. After releasing the screw would not work, as you'll see in my next blog post, I fabricated a snap piece.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 - I'll have nightmares about gears now

Project 3 - Code

Project 3 Statement - Lumina the Ballet Bot